North American Regional Sales Manager
POSTED: Last Week
Location: Remotely in USA
Diener Precision Pumps (DPP) is a developer of small OEM fluid pumps. Solutions are tailored to our customer specifications to optimize performance, minimize cost, and provide years of reliable service. We specialize in medical, analytical chemistry, and high-tech equipment industries and pride ourselves on extremely fast development times and our reputation for Swiss quality.
Sourcing, developing, and maintaining these OEM customers is a crucial role in our business success, and we are looking for a Regional Sales Manager (USA, remote) to grow our North American market revenue.
This candidate needs to be a “hands on” account management professional, operating with a sense of ownership and accountability to both customers and upper management. This strategic role is a key position in our organization and requires vision, drive, and interpersonal skills to open doors and secure long-term business.
What you will do:
- Primary responsibilities include developing new OEM customer sales, maintaining existing customer sales, and growing gross sales revenue per company targets.
- Works directly with new and existing customers to identify their needs and develop custom pump solutions. Product selection will come from personal experience, company literature, and internal engineering support.
- Research companies, markets, and applications requiring DPP products and services. Prepare opportunity summaries for management, identifying markets, potential customers, pump solutions, and economic feasibility.
- Prepares and delivers professional presentations for customers and DPP management using CRM sales tools.
- Cultivates multiple contacts at each customer, monitoring customer orders and new project status on a regular basis.
- Negotiates customer contracts and agreements to reach DPP company goals and financial targets.
- Coordinates DPP design and production engineering departments with customers’ engineering groups to provide custom pump solutions. Participates in product redesigns for cost-reduction projects, as well as risk-analyses and design review meetings.
- Works with our global sales team to identify ways to streamline the communication process between the company and the customers.
- Bachelor’s degree with a commercial focus such as business administration or economics.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong commercial skills with proven experience in sales or key account manager roles.
- 8+ years of experience in the healthcare, analytical, or high-tech OEM equipment sales with a solid understanding of technical matters, product development processes, regulatory frameworks and operations and operational supply chains.
- Excellent contract negotiation skills gained through involvement in business-to-business relationships.
- Demonstrated success in working in a global, matrixed-environment with the ability to lead and influence others without direct authority.
- Strong project management skills.
- Sound business acumen to understand key performance indicators and their drivers, and assess opportunity attractiveness.
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.)
- Willingness to travel up to 20-30%, as required (and depending on location)
- Proven track record of managing complex business-to-business relationships.
- A team player able to contribute to team successes.
- Detail oriented, assertive self-starter who meets goals and timelines in multiple assignments and is able to adapt to change.
- Strong communication skills in front of internal and external audiences, while formally presenting and negotiating proposals and/or technical solutions.
- Well-developed written skills to prepare monthly reports, reviews and white papers, as well as preparing presentations to a variety of audiences.
- We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience, stock options, medical, life and disability coverage, HSA with employer contribution, flexible vacation, a 401k plan, and more.